On photo shoots, there are always a few key pieces that rear their pretty little heads with noticeable consistency. Whether it is make up essentials from the make up artist, or the hairdresser’s key ‘go-to products’ – we have noticed that there are key bits and bobs that are always present. The same goes for shoes; there are continuously the same timeless, investment-piece shoes getting wheeled out of the stylist’s suitcase:
Here is our edit of favourite classics we have encountered on shoots – they are all investment pieces that are classic, available all year round, and most importantly, comfortable. This means they can never go out of fashion. And that, my friends, is even better!
- The Balenciaga Cutout Glossed- Leather Ankle Boots are, simply put, to die for. Clumpy and feminine and so comfortable, they add a rock-chick look to any outfit.
2. Isabel Marant Dicker Suede ankle boots– Comfortable and classic and so flattering. What’s not to love? They work just as well with dresses, as with skinny jeans, or boyfriend jeans, and cleverly elongate the leg with the very subtle design details. Need we go on?
3. YSL Star Trainer– The expensive trainer trend is here to stay, and we had, relatively successfully, tried to avoid this trend like the plague, until we succumbed and got these. So flattering, as the cut around the ankles elongates the legs, this trainer fad is something we are now totally on board with…even if it means we wet wipe our shoes with worrying regularity!
4. Ganni Edna Leather Ankle boots- When style and comfort collide, you get this boot. Perfect for those cold school run days wearing jeans and also fun with a skirt, these boots are winter essentials.
5. Brooks Running Shoes– The ultimate in softness, flexibility and lightness, these shoes are always used by stylists when we do an activewear shoot because they are colourful and comfortable. As avid runners, these are our go-to running shoes. Try them, you really won’t regret it.
6 Aquazzura Christy Flat Leather Ballerinas– With their criss-cross detailing, these shoes are a modern take on the usual ballerina pump, and are a timeless addition to any wardrobe.